Financial Wealth, Political Health
KITZ 1400 AM is a business/talk station serving the Puget Sound Region. With award winning business programming and talk radio, the spectrum of current issues and entertainment is covered.
The Evolution of the Megatalk Format:
- 1985- The FCC issues a broadcast license and grants permission to relocate the transmitter to the current site at the Kitsap Fairgrounds.
- 1986- The station is purchased by Silversound Broadcasting Company. A music format featuring an adult contemporary style is featured.
- 1995- The station is sold to the Kitsap Broadcast Group Inc. Modern Country reigns on the 1400 airwaves.
- 2000- The station is changed to the current programming of news and talk in the wake of the purchase by the KITZ Radio, Inc. Group.
KITZ is affiliated with:
- KGTK / 920 AM Olympia-Seattle, Washington
- KBNP / 1410 AM Portland, Oregon
- KSBN / 1230 AM Spokane, Washington
The KITZ 1400 AM signal originates from a 230 foot broadcast tower located on the Kitsap County Fairgrounds, adjacent to the Baseball Stadium. State of the art broadcast facilities and production capabilities are located at the Towne Square Mall in Port Orchard.
MegaTalk KITZ 1400 AM
1700 Mile Hill Dr.
Port Orchard, Washington 98366